- ¾ cup tequila
- ½ cup triple sec or grand marnier
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Jalapeno Syrup (see below)
- fresh jalapeno slices for garnish
- Jalapeno Syrup, makes 1 ½ cups
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- Lemon wedges
- Sugar for the rim
- To make the syrup: Combine the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to a brief boil over medium heat.
- Transfer the syrup to a blender and add the jalapenos. Blend until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container or mason jar. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- To make the margaritas: Rim 4 glasses with a lemon wedge and then dip them into a dish filled with sugar. Upright the glasses and fill them with ice.
- Fill a blender with the tequila, triple sec, lemon juice and 1 cup of the Jalapeno syrup, plus tons of ice. Blend on high and pour the margaritas into the prepared glasses.
- Garnish with fresh jalapeno slices if desired and serve.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 2 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4